The toes that you remember can be yours again!
Noveon™ Laser Treatment
Nail Laser Treatments
At the forefront of laser nail care, Paul successfully treats Onychomycosis (Nail Fungus) painlessly with The Noveon™ Laser Treatment technology. The uniqueness of the Noveon therapy lies in the fact that it harnesses a proprietary near-infrared photo-inactivation effect, to achieve the elimination of fungi, while preserving healthy tissue and advancing the recovery process with virtually no side effects.
Toenail fungus is a very common problem that affects millions of people all over the world. In the United States alone, there are some 30 million people who have toenail fungus.
Toenail fungus is a very difficult condition to treat because the fungus actually gets inside and under the nail tissue. Since the nail tissue is hard and largely impermeable, it is difficult to get medications directly on the fungus to kill it.
That’s why things like creams and lotions are only partly effective: they can kill fungus on the surface of the nail or on the skin, but they can’t reach the fungus deep in the nail.
This is why lasers offer such promise in treating nail fungus: they can beam light into and under the nail tissue where the fungus lives.
And The West Toronto Foot & Ankle Clinic offers the Noveon procedure to patients for treatment of Toenail Fungus.
The Noveon Laser
The Noveon laser utilizes two specific wavelengths of laser light for advanced microbial destruction. The uniqueness of the Noveon therapy lies in the fact that it harnesses a patented near-infrared photo-inactivation effect, to achieve the elimination of bacteria and fungi, while preserving healthy tissue. The result of Noveon therapy is to advance the recovery process with virtually no side effects.
Here’s how it works:
- The laser light from the Noveon is targeted to the infected toes and surrounding tissues safely and reliably
- Precisely targeting the laser light is done easily with the use of ‘intelligent’ disposables attached to the toes
- The two wavelengths of laser light penetrate deep below the nail surface to reach the infected nail bed
- The fungus in the nail bed is inactivated by the laser light while preserving healthy tissue
- The fully automated design of the Noveon NailLaser ensures the correct dose is given for each treatment every time without fail
- Up to four toes can be treated simultaneously in 15 minutes
- Depending on the severity of infection, 3 or 4 treatments per toe are needed. Dr Gventer will determine how many treatments are best for you
The NailLaser treatment sessions are quick and painless. A typical visit will take 20-30 minutes total, including preparation and clean-up time. There are no side effects or after effects. You will be able to leave the doctor’s office and continue on with your day totally normally.
The three main things to understand about the Noveon laser are:
- new sterile disposable ‘toe pods’ are attached to your toes at every visit
- laser emitters clip into the toe pods to deliver the laser light in precise dose every time – once the emitters are clipped into the toe pods, the laser light is totally sealed in and can’t escape
- the device is fully automated and uses a sophisticated pre-programmed algorithm to deliver an exact dosage of Noveon light energy to the nail surface for maximum effectiveness and patient comfort
Before & After
The Noveon NailLaser has been successfully used to treat toenail fungus in patients with all levels of severity. Nearly 85% of them have shown success with the laser.
As these time-lined photos indicate, patients have achieved remarkable results with Noveon within only a few months (it takes time for clear, fungus-free nail tissue to grow out).
The Noveon™ Laser is the only laser treatment that is published in JAPMA (Journal of the American Podiatric Medicine Association). Click to see the full reasearch study.
Schedule an appointment to see if you are a candidate for NailLaser treatment.